- Select the Questions tab.
- Click Create Essay.
- Enter the Title and select a Folder to store the question.
- Enter a question stem.
- Add Categories.
- Add Attachments. For specifics on attachments, refer to our Attachments Guide.
- Add Rationale to provide feedback on this question when releasing results to Exam Takers.
- Add Internal Comments. These are only visible to faculty viewing the question within the ExamSoft Portal.
- Within the options section, you will find the following options:
Weight - Indicate the default point value for the question
Character Limit - Students will not be able to exceed this number of characters when answering
- Save Question. You can then choose to Approve the question which will make the question available to be used on an assessment.