- Select the Questions tab.
- Click Create FITB/Matching.
- Enter the Title and select a Folder to store the question.
- Begin to type your question. When you get to a spot in the question that is supposed to contain a blank, click Add Blank. This will add a blank icon in the question and a blank to provide the answer. You can have up to 15 blanks.
- Enter the correct answer for each blank in the corresponding answer blank. You can indicate multiple acceptable answers by using a vertical bar between answer choices.
- Add Categories.
- Add Attachments. For specifics on attachments, refer to our Attachments Guide.
- Add Rationale to provide feedback on this question when releasing results to Exam Takers.
- Add Internal Comments. These are only visible to faculty viewing the question within the ExamSoft Portal.
- Within the options section, you will find the following options:
Weight - Indicate the default point value for the question
Partial Credit - If there are multiple blanks, this option will give the student partial credit for getting a portion of the correct answers
- Save Question. You can then choose to Approve the question which will make the question available to be used on an assessment.