Once you have created your Performance Assessment, you are ready to post it. This will make it available to grade. There are many options when posting a performance assessment. You can indicate that students must turn in an assignment and what will be released to students preemptively.
- Navigate to the Assessments tab.
- Create a new performance assessment or select an assessment that has already been made.
- Click Post Assessment.
Complete the Posting Settings
- Select the Course from the available courses in the drop-down menu.
- Indicate a posting end date.
- Add in a Posting Name. This is the name students will see on their portal when referencing this assessment.
- The Suppress Posting Emails checkbox will prevent Exam Takers from receiving emails regarding the Pre-release Rubric, Send Instructions, and Require Answer File sections.
Exam Taker Communication Settings
- Pre-Release Rubric - By checking this section, you are able to indicate which rubrics students have access to view prior to grading.
- Select which Rubric(s) they should see by checking next to each rubric in the drop down.
- Select a Release On date indicating what date this Rubric will be available on.
- Browse for the file you want to release to students. Once selected, click Upload. You will see the file name in blue writing once successfully uploaded. Instructions and student assignments can be uploaded in any of these formats: .doc, .docx, .xlsx, .rtf, .pdf, .pptx, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png.
- Indicate Start and Close dates. These dates indicate the range of time that a student can access these instructions.
- Use the Downloads field to indicate the number of times you would like students to be able to download the file. If you check Unlimited, they can download the file as many times as they would like.
Require Answer File
By checking this section, you are allowing students to submit an assignment through the ExamSoft portal.
- You have two options to indicate a deadline for turning in the file. If students are only able to download the instructions once, you can indicate that they must turn in the assignment a certain number of Hours after Download. The other option for indicating a deadline is by selecting a date and time using the calendar.
- Select the type of file students will be submitting. You can opt to have students provide a link to their assignment or to turn in the document via the website by selecting Artifact.
- Check Allow Multiple Files if you want students to submit more than one file.
- Check Allow Revisions if you want students to be able to revise the documents and upload a revision.
- Select a date and time you would like a Due Date Reminder to be sent to the students.
- Click Save Changes to save your changes and post the assessment. Students can submit assignments after the deadline, however the system will mark these assignments as late.