*Down at the Texas Rio Grande Valley Physician Assistant Department they have created an entire Blackboard course on teaching their faculty how to use ExamSoft. Below is the entire syllabus for the course.*
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Physician Assistant Department
Course Number: ES101
Credit Hours: 5
Course Title: ExamSoft 101
Course Location: Online
Class Time(s): Asynchronous
Required Texts & Materials: None
Instructor & Contact Information: Elias Villarreal, Jr., MPAS, PA-C
This course is designed to familiarize the user with the ExamSoft faculty web portal. It consists of 8 individual modules that focus on each of the most important and most relevant features of the assessment software. Assignments are designed to apply the principles learned in each of the modules.
- Certificate of Completion
Learning and Assessment Activities:
Assignments: Assignments are created to provide a hands-on approach to learning. Faculty will actively engage in real-time activities on the ExamSoft faculty web portal for each module. The course instructor will guide progress and ensure mastery of the task for each activity.
Course Blog: The course blog is designed to provide a forum to ask questions and provide answers. It is meant to be an open forum. Both faculty and instructor can post blog questions and answers. Comments are also allowed. Care should be taken to keep all posts in a professional standard.
- Provide faculty development in educational technology
- Provide faculty development in student assessment
- Provide faculty development in assessment analysis
At the end of this course, the faculty member will be able to:
- Log into and navigate the ExamSoft faculty web portal
- Create various types of test questions
- Import test question files in batch
- Build assessments
- Post assessments
- Produce and analyze score reports
Module 1: Get Started
- Log into the ExamSoft Faculty web portal
- Navigate through the ExamSoft faculty web portal
Module 2: Creating Questions
- Review question types and options for building assessments
- Create a multiple-choice question
- Create a true/false question
- Create an essay question
- Review and discuss answer choice options
- Discuss best practices for creation of various question types
1. Review the procedure for importing test questions in batch
2. Import test questions in batch using the RTF feature
Module 3: Building Assessments
- Review the procedure for building an assessment
2. Create a 5 question assessment
Module 4: Posting Assessments
- Review the procedure for posting an assessment
- Post an assessment
Module 5: Score Assessment
- Review the procedure for scoring an assessment
- Review the types of reports available for scoring assessments
- Discuss test item and assessment analysis
- Create and export a summary report
- Create and export item analysis report
- Create and export exam taker results report
- Create and export exam taker results data file
- Analyze and interpret score reports
Module 6: Adjusting Assessments
- Review procedure to adjust overall assessment scores
- Review procedure to adjust individual question scoring
- Adjust scores for individual questions
- Adjust scores for individual students
Module 7: Exam Takers
- Review the exam taker (student) perspective of taking an ExamSoft assessment on the iPad.
- List and discuss the exam taker procedure to BEGIN an exam.
- List and discuss the exam taker procedure to CLOSE an exam.
- Review the exam taker (student) perspective of "secure review" of an ExamSoft assessment on the iPad.
- List and discuss the exam taker procedure to BEGIN an exam review.
- List and discuss the exam taker procedure to CLOSE an exam review.
Module 8: Proctoring Assessments
- Discuss assessment security and integrity.
- Review procedure for proctoring assessments in a secure environment.
- List and describe the most common technical issues while proctoring.
- Troubleshoot the most common technical issues while proctoring.
Course Outline & Schedule:
Get Started & Creating Questions
Building Assessments & Posting Assessments
Exam Takers & Proctoring Assessments