If you have been assigned to grade an assignment in ExamSoft, you may have been assigned to self-grade your own assignment or to grade a peer’s assignment. In both cases, you will receive an email notifying you that you have been assigned to grade an assignment.
- Visit the institution’s home page. Enter student ID and password in the Exam Taker login section.
- Click the Courses tab.
- Click on the name of the Course that your assignment is in.
- This will provide you a list of assignments from that course. The Notifications/Action Required column will show you if you have any actions required for each assessment. Those that state ‘Grade Assignment’ are ones that you have been assigned to grade and have not yet graded. You can also see how many days you have left to grade the assignment.
- Click the Action button to begin grading.
A Blue action button dictates that there are more than 24 hours remaining to grade the assessment. A Yellow action button indicates that there are less than 24 hours remaining in the grading window.
- The grading sheet will appear in a new window showing all people assigned to you to grade.
If you are completing self-grading only, then you will be the only student in the list. If you are peer-grading, then you will see all students assigned to you. If your professor has indicated that you will be grading anonymously, then you will see ‘Anonymous’ instead of names in the list.
- Click Grade to grade the individual. The student’s rubric will open in the same window.
- Once the rubric has been fully graded, click Save to save your grades. You can then move onto the next rubric if applicable.
- For Levels containing a single point value, click over each description box to grade
- For levels containing a range of points, type the earned value into the box under the Grade column
- You can also add specific comments to each individual dimension or an overall comment for the entire rubric.