When it comes to performance assessments, Users have many different options for configuring and defining the grading process. The most direct and simplistic way to grade Exam Takers on a performance-based exam that incorporates Rubrics is to use Basic Grading.
- Log in to the ExamSoft® portal, and click on the Assessments tab at the top of the page.
- Open up the desired assessment folder, and locate the
posted Rubrics assessment. Click on the assessment title to open it.
3. Click on the Grade tab and make sure the Basic Grading sub-tab is selected. A listing of all Rubrics assigned to that assessment will appear:4. Click the Grade Posting (All Rubrics) button to grade each Exam Taker with every rubric added to the exam, or select Grade Rubric next to the desired Rubric to grade each item individually. If the latter is chosen, a grading screen will open in a new window, and it will contain a listing of all Exam Takers within the specific course that the assessment was posted to:
5. Click Grade beside each Exam Taker’s name to begin assigning value to their work.
6. In the same window, the full rubric will appear:
7. When faced with the task of grading multiple rubrics, graders will have the option to grade more than one rubric at a time for an Exam Taker. By default, the grading page will populate one rubric at a time. To show all rubrics, open the dropdown menu in the right-hand corner, and choose to View all, or select any number of rubrics to display on-screen.
8. To view Exam Takers’ grades for each rubric on the assessment, click the View Grading button next to the listed rubric.