Once you have created an assessment, you are ready to post it. This will make it visible to Exam Takers for download. Note that it may take up to 15 minutes to be available for download. There are many options to post an assessment to optimize the assessment experience. You can adjust the dates for downloading exams, and set a required uploading deadline for answer files. Plus, you can schedule email reminders for Exam Takers
1. Navigate to the Assessments tab.
2. Create a new assessment or select an assessment that has already been made.
3. Click Post Assessment.
4. Complete the Exam Posting Options:
- Assessment Passwords are required to post an assessment. The password must be a minimum of 6 characters and are case-sensitive.
- The Posting Name, by default, is the same as the Assessment Name; this can be changed to customize each posting of an assessment.
5. Fill out the Additional Assessment Settings: (some are optional)
- Select the Course for which to assign the assessment from the drop-down menu. (You can choose to only show the courses that have been assigned to you by selecting the "Only Show My Courses" option. With this option selected, the Course dropdown will be populated with the courses where you have been designated as a Course Owner. If no Courses have been assigned to you, this dropdown will list all Available courses.)
- Enter the Download Start and End dates using the calendars.
- Maximum Downloads (Set at ONE by default)
- Enter the name of the Instructor as well as the Grade Column Name.
- Download/Upload Email Reminders (sent at 2am EST) - The Download and Upload Email Reminders will only be sent to Exam Takers that have not Downloaded or Uploaded their answer files.
- Upload Deadline - You can set the date and time to restrict Exam Takers from uploading exam answer files.
- Scheduled On - This date is important to ExamSoft for internal planning purposes. Please be sure to provide this information.
6. Complete the Assessment Review Settings: (Optional - for Secure Exams Only!)
Users have the option to enable an Immediate Secure Exam Review, where Exam Takers can review their results immediately upon the completion of a secure exam, or after a certain amount of time has passed with Delayed Secure Exam Review. A password is required for both and a time limit is imposed to review their assessments.
- Show Incorrect Answers Only lets Exam Takers review only the items they answered incorrectly.
- Show Rationale allows Exam Takers to review the rationale entered by the creator.
For more information on Secure Exam Review...
7. Additional Security Options: (Optional)
* Call your Customer Success Specialist to have these features enabled!
Remote Assessment Deletion allows Users to configure a date and time after which an assessment that has not yet been taken will be removed from the Exam Taker’s computer.
The Ping and Release feature will check the ExamSoft server when an Exam Taker tries to start an assessment to ensure it is the first time the Exam Taker has taken the assessment. If the assessment has already been started, the Ping and Release feature will not allow the Exam Taker to resume the assessment unless a Resume Code is entered by an Exam Manager or Proctor.
Once an Exam Taker downloads an exam, the posting cannot be deleted. If you discover a mistake, change the download date to a retroactive date on the Assessment page. In this way, no additional Exam Takers can access the assessment. Create a new Assessment (with a new name) or duplicate the previous one, making your necessary changes and repost. Then, have Exam Takers download this new assessment posting. For more information please review the Make-Up Assessment QRG