The Resume Code is a number that needs to be entered into SofTest in the event the computer is turned off mid-exam. If a computer is turned off and if the computer remains off for a time longer than the Rebooter Time Limit, then the student will be prompted to enter a resume code prior to being able to reenter the exam. This prevents students from shutting off their device for long periods of time without the direction of a proctor.
You have two options when providing a resume code. You can provide a resume code that can only be used by that student on that assessment or you can provide a Universal Resume Code which can be used by all students on the assessment. We have detailed both below.
To Generate an Individual Resume Code:
- Log on to the ExamSoft Portal.
- Navigate to Assessments.
- Navigate to the desired assessment.
- Navigate to the Exam Taker Activity tab.
- Enter the code from the Exam Taker’s SofTest screen(in this example: 43734A) in the continuation code box.
- Hit submit and receive the Response Code (in this example: 13936)
- Enter the response code in the box in SofTest. The ET will now be able to continue with the assessment.
To Retrieve the Universal Resume Code:
This code is unique to each assessment, and
could be used for any Exam Taker assigned in the assessment. It will be provided when
initially creating the assessment and can be
retrieved after the assessment is posted.
When building an assessment:
- The Universal Resume Code will be automatically generated under the Security Options tab and cannot be edited.
- This code can be viewed in the same location after an assessment has been posted.