Downloading and Registering
You will receive detailed instructions in the Welcome Email from your institution.
- Visit your Institution's Portal by following the link provided within the email
- Log in under "Exam Takers" section using your Student ID and Password provided within the email
Before downloading SofTest® double check:
- A/C – Battery power indicator light
- Computer is virus free and has all updates
- Computer meets minimum system requirements
Minimum System Requirements
Review the Minimum System Requirements and verify that your device meets these requirements.
- Download and install SofTest®on the
computer you will use for testing.
- Enter Institution ID.
- Register using Login ID and Password.
- Do it early! Do not wait until the exam day to download and install SofTest® on your laptop.
Preparing for your Exam
- Take a Mock Exam (if made available to you).
- Watch for email notifications to download exams.
- Download all exams as soon as they are available.
- Check that your computer’s date and time are accurate.
- Arrive at the exam site at least 15 minutes early.
- Charge your laptop battery and bring your power cord.
- Disable any antivirus software prior to launching a secure exam.
- Before upgrading your current OS, check against SofTest's current minimum system requirements to ensure compatibility with the new OS.
Taking your Exam
During your exam, you can set a reminder alarm to appear at a specific time during the exam. First, access the Tools and then the Reminder Alarm menu. Be sure to click the Set button to activate the alarm. Note,
SofTest will allow you to save your answers in the exam every 60 seconds.
How to Navigate through Question Items
- You can toggle (or switch) between questions
using the blue navigation arrows.
- The Question Navigator button on the menu
bar displays a list of all questions in a separate
- You can view all unanswered questions.
- If backward navigation is allowed, you can
mark questions to revisit.
- You can navigate to another question by clicking on the question number.
After the Exam
After completing the exam, wait until you see the GREEN confirmation screen. An email will be sent to the address you used
when you registered SofTest®. This email may take up to 15 minutes to be generated. The email will confirm the upload of your answer file.
On the green screen, you can click the History button to review your upload and download history. Checking this history report will RECONFIRM the uploading of your answer file.