PrintX is used to print responses to essay questions. Note, PrintX is a Windows-based application. To run PrintX on a Mac OS X computer, you will need to install PrintX using Parallels, Fusion, or VMWare.
- Begin by logging into the ExamSoft Portal.
- Navigate to Global Settings in the Admin tab.
- Click the PrintX information tab.
- Click Download. Note, Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 or greater is required for PrintX to export responses to PDF. If Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 is not already installed, a message will prompt you to download it.
- Accept the License Agreement. Click on Save File to save the PrintX Installer.
- Once saved, select the file from your browser's download menu by double clicking it, and select Run. A message will appear asking you to confirm you want to launch PrintX. Click the OK button and follow the installation instructions.
- Once you have finished the installation process, a message will appear letting you know you must restart your computer.
- Select OK and your computer will restart.
- Once your computer reboots, you are ready to complete the installation process by registering your copy of PrintX.
- Locate and click the PrintX icon on your desktop.
- You will be prompted to register the first time you open it. Enter your Exam Manager email and Password to complete the process. Note, if you are running Windows 7, PrintX will need to set to run in Compatibility Mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
To run PrintX in Compatibility mode:
- Right click on the PrintX icon and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- In the Compatibility mode section, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: checked box and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
- Finally, check the Run this program as an administrator check box.
- Click Apply, then OK.
- After these steps have been completed, you will need to re-register PrintX. Once registered, you will not need to complete these steps again to run PrintX on this computer.