Configuring a Course Sync
To set-up a course synchronization between your Canvas instance and your ExamSoft database, begin by navigating to the test-course within Canvas.
- Navigate to Modules within the navigation pane on the left-hand side.
- Launch the ExamSoft API.
- Navigate DIRECTLY to page 3. It is extremely important to NOT touch any settings on pages 1, 2, or 4.
4.The next step will be to add courses to the module. To add courses manually:
- Enter the course ID in the selected format into the Course ID List field. This format is chosen by your Administrator, and may only be one of three selected formats (Course ID, Reference ID, or SIS ID).
- If you wish to enter multiple courses, the course IDs must be comma-separated and reflect the selected format.
- Alternatively, you may upload a .csv file containing all course ID’s in their appropriate format. Download our sample file to ensure correct import formatting.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the page to continue.
6. Once saved, your Course(s) will appear within the Sync List.
7. If you do not have any Course Dates assigned within your Canvas instance, you can set course end date within the simple Course Date Range field to expire in the distant future.
8. Once all necessary courses have been added to the Sync List, click Sync Now.
How to Setup Auto-Sync
Note, this feature is only available to Key Administrators.
- Begin by navigating to the Global Settings tab within your ExamSoft Portal.
- Navigate to LMS Settings.
- From here, you can schedule an auto-sync to occur at a specific time of day.
Note: The time will be adjusted for your database’s Time Zone.