ExamSoft now offers the capability to utilize our products and software with SAML. Once enabled for your portal, you and your Exam Takers will only use one ID to log into all ExamSoft products, as well as your institution’s systems. This is accomplished using a Federated ID.
Once Users have been created within your system, they can then be created within the ExamSoft Portal. The Administrator will first need to locate the unique SAML identifier before creating the User within the ExamSoft Portal.
- Navigate to Admin tab -> Users, click to Add New User.
- Fill out all appropriate information for the new User, including all rights appropriate for their role. The External Id field will be filled in using the ePPN ID for that User.
- Once the User’s information is filled in, be sure to Save User Settings. You will receive a green confirmation message if the creation was successful.
- The User will now be active within the ExamSoft Portal.
Creating Exam Takers
Exam Takers can be created within your Exam Taker Portal using 2 methods. We will begin by discussing the manual creation method.
- Navigate to Exam Takers tab, click to Create Exam Taker.
- Fill out all appropriate information for the Exam Taker. The External Id field will be filled in using the ePPN ID
for that Exam Taker.
- Once the Exam Taker’s information is filled in, it is
recommended to check the radial box to send Exam
Taker an email with their ExamSoft account information and instructions.
- The Exam Taker will now be active within the ExamSoft Portal.
The second option we offer is to import a txt file containing a list of all Exam Takers and their corresponding information. Within the import file, Exam Takers can be assigned accommodation groups for special assessment requirements (i.e. extended time). We recommend starting by downloading our sample import file for Exam Takers, “QRGs-Admin-examtakers.xlsx”.
- Navigate to Exam Takers tab, click to Import Exam Takers. You can find the Sample File to download here.
- In the excel spreadsheet, enter Exam Taker information into column fields. Add an additional column as column H titled "Federated ID".
- ExamTakerID: must be unique for each person, alphanumeric characters only, no special characters or spaces/dashes allowed.
- Passwd: Create a 6 to 12-character password using alphanumeric characters only, no special characters or spaces/dashes allowed, or enter an asterisk (*) to generate a random password for each Exam Taker.
- LabEquip: 0 = personal computer, 1 = lab.
- Accommodation Group #: (optional)
- Federated ID: This value must match the value being returned by the SSO response when authenticating.
3. Once all Exam Takers have been entered into the spreadsheet, the file must be saved as “examtakers.txt” (text tab-delimited) before importing to the portal. Browse for the file saved on your hard drive, and choose to upload.
4. A green confirmation message will appear if the import was successful. If you have any issues importing this file, please contact your Customer Success Specialist for assistance. Note: Please allow up to 10 minutes for the Exam Takers to be populated within the system.