All question types may be created one of two ways, either within a Course, or when building an Assessment. Since the creation process is the same for both, we'll show the process once a Course has been selected.
Create an Essay Question
1. From the My Courses screen, select the Course.
Clicking the expand icon will allow you to add more columns to the grid if there are any not being displayed.
2. Select the Questions sub-tab.
3. Click the green plus sign to the left. Select Essay.
4. The New Essay Question creation window will open to the right. You may begin by entering the Question Title and Question.
5. Below the Question field, you can select to enforce an Essay Character Limit. If this field is left blank, there will be no character limit.
- Utilize the Camera button to attach an inline image with the question.
- Utilize the Formula button to open the formula editor. For more information regarding the WIRIS Formula Editor, click here to read our guide.
6. Add Rationale to provide feedback on a question during a Secure Exam Review, or when releasing results to Exam Takers.
7. Add Categories by clicking the green plus button, and selecting the appropriate category type for this question. For more information about adding categories, click here to read the Tagging a Question with Categories guide.
8. Add Attachments by dragging files into the window, or by clicking the link to browse your computer. Question attachments will be displayed when a student navigates to the question, and can be closed / reopened as many times as they may need.
9. Lastly, Save the question.