All question types may be created one of two ways, either within a Course, or when building an Assessment. Since the creation process is the same for both, we'll show the process once a Course has been selected.
Create a Fill in the Blank Question
1. From the My Courses screen, select the Course.
Clicking the expand icon will allow you to add more columns to the grid if there are any not being displayed.
2. Select the Questions sub-tab.
3. Click the green plus sign to the left. Select Fill in the Blank.
4. The New Fill in the Blank Question creation window will open to the right. You can type the Question Title or Question, or, begin your question with a blank.
5. At any point during the question creation process, you can click the Create Blank button to insert a Blank.
6. Enter an answer within the blank field. To add any number of accepted alternative answers, click the Add alternative answer button.
7. Continue typing within the Question field to complete the question, adding any more blanks along the way, if needed.
If you include more than one blank, you will have the option to enable Partial Credit.
- Utilize the Camera button to attach an inline image within the question stem.
- Utilize the Formula button to open the formula editor. For more information regarding the WIRIS Formula Editor, click here to read our guide.
8. Add Rationale to provide feedback on a question during a Secure Exam Review, or when releasing results to Exam Takers.
9. Add Categories by clicking the green plus button, and selecting the appropriate category type for this question. For more information about adding categories, click here to read the Tagging a Question with Categories guide.
10. Add Attachments by dragging files into the window, or by clicking the link to browse your computer. Question attachments will be displayed when a student navigates to the question, and can be closed / reopened as many times as they may need.
11. Lastly, Save the question.