Once students have been created (or imported) within the portal, they will be listed under the Students sub-tab, whether in the Course directly or when accessing the Users tab. All pertinent information is listed for each student, such as their name, student ID, status, date invited, and last login date.
Clicking the expand icon will allow you to add more columns to the grid if there are any not being displayed.
Managing Students within a Course
Whether you are a Institution or Department Administrator, or just simply a Course Admin (also known as an Instructor), you can manage student accounts within your Courses.
1. Select your Course from the My Courses page.
2. Choose the Students sub-tab.
3. The Students page will be listed. All students, regardless of Status will be populated in this list. A User can add the appropriate column headings that need to be viewed.
- First/Last Name - Student's first and last name.
- Student ID - Student's unique ID for utilizing ExamSoft.
- Status - States the current registration status for the student.
- Needs Invite - The student account was created, but an invite was never sent. The invite link can be easily sent by clicking Invite in the Date Invited column.
- Pending - The student's account has been created by an administrator, and the invite has been sent to the student's email address.
- Invite Expired - The student has not registered their account that was created
within the 72 hour window; You must resend the invite manually by clicking on the pencil icon and selecting Resend Invite.
- Active - The student has registered their account and is now active within the portal.
- Date Invited - The date stamped when the invite was sent to the student by email.
- Last Login - The last time the student accessed ExamSoft.
Managing Students within Users
If you are a User with Institution or Department Administrator access, you can manage student accounts from the Users tab.
1. Once logged into the new portal, click on the Admin tab in the top right-hand corner.
2. Select Users from the drop-down.
3. Ensure the Students sub-tab has been selected.
4. The Students page will be listed. All students, regardless of Status will be populated in this list. A User can add the appropriate column headings that need to be viewed.
5. All information for the student accounts will be available within the list.