Users are able to adjust the correct answer for each question in an already posted assessment. When scoring an assessment, Users can change the scoring options for an item to give full or partial credit, throw out an item all together, or designate it as a bonus question.
1) Navigate to the Assessments sub-tab from the Course.
2) Open a posted assessment.
3) Navigate to the Reporting/Adjust Scoring tab in that assessment. The questions in the assessment will be listed.
4) To make changes to the total assessment points, click on the pencil icon listed below the exam statistics
- Equal - Questions will all be worth the same points based on the maximum points indicated by you.
- Proportional - Questions weights will add up to the maximum points indicated by you, but will maintain weights proportional to their default weights.
5) To make individual changes to multiple answer choices, click the pencil icon in the Actions column. A new window will appear showing the question, original answer choices, and providing the option to adjust the question.
6) To change the correct answer for Multiple Choice and True/False Questions, click on the pencil icon in the Adjust Answer column and select the correct answer(s).
Questions with any adjustments made to the original answer choices will appear in the list as Adjusted, as shown below:
7) To change the correct answer for Fill-in-the-blank Questions, simply click on the checkmark bubble in the Adjust Answer column for any of the Exam Takers responses in order to include it as an accepted answer; This can be done for each blank of the Fill-in-the-blank Question.
8) Alter the weight of the question by indicating a new point value in the Adjusted Weight field.
9) Using the Adjust Scoring Options field, you can also select to:
- Give Full Credit to All Exam Takers - All students will receive credit for this question.
- Throw Out the Question - Makes the weight of the question 0 and removes it from reports.
- Assign as Bonus Question - This will remove this question from counting towards the overall available points on the assessment. Students will still get credit for getting it correct.
If there is more than one correct answer for a particular question, the following scoring option is provided:
- Give Partial Credit - This scoring option will award partial credit to the Exam Takers that choose the selected correct answers.
Questions utilizing any of the Adjust Scoring Options will appear in the list, as shown below:
*Keep in mind, making these changes will only affect the current assessment. To update the question permanently, create a new revision of the question.
Note, this project is under constant development and is subject to change at any time. Please check back often as any changes made to the system will be reflected on these documents.