When creating an assessment, below the Scoring options you'll see the Options to Enable settings. These settings will change the behavior of SofTest during the assessment, and include additional exam features that may be necessary or beneficial for Exam Takers during their assessment.
- The Backward Navigation option will allow Exam Takers to navigate back and forth between questions.
- The Missing Answer Reminder option is only available if Backward Navigation is enabled, and will warn Exam Takers at the end of their exam if they have left any questions unanswered.
- The Require Answer option is only available if Backward Navigation is disabled. With this feature enabled, Exam Takers will not be able to navigate to the next question without first answering the current question.
- The Calculator option will allow Exam Takers to utilize a calculator throughout their exam.
- The Text Highlighting feature will allow Exam Takers to highlight any text within the question or answer text fields with a number of different highlighting colors.
- The Show 5 Min Alarm will enable an alarm to alert the Exam Taker when five minutes remain for the assessment. Note, these alarms will not distract other Exam Takers with any sounds, and will only alert the Exam Taker on their machine.
- The Notes option will enable Exam Takers to write any notes during their assessment. Any Notes written during the exam will not be accessible once the assessment has ended.
- The Question Feedback option will only be available when the Notes option is enabled, and will allow Exam Takers to request feedback based on the Notes they have written.
Note, this project is under constant development and is subject to change at any time. Please check back often as any changes made to the system will be reflected on these documents.