The Security Options settings will affect how Examplify will interact with the student's machine when loading into the assessment, as well as how the questions and answer choices are displayed within the assessment.
- The Secure option will completely lock down the student's machine once the assessment has begun. They will not be able to access any information stored on their hard drive, nor will they be able to run any programs in the background or access the Internet. If the student attempts to circumvent the secure assessment by forcefully rebooting their machine, they will be returned to their exam upon successfully rebooting, and all actions will be logged for review and audit purposes.
- The Non-Secure option will allow students to access any information stored on their hard drive, and run any programs in the background. By default, Non-Secure assessments do not block a student's access to the Internet.
- The Block Internet on Non-Secure Assessments option is only available with the Non-Secure option enabled, and will disable the student's access to the Internet or other Wi-Fi capabilities for the length of their assessment.
- The Suspend option will only be available when the Non-Secure option is enabled. The Suspend feature, allows students to suspend the exam timer, and resume their assessment at a later time.
- The Randomize Question Sequence option will randomize the questions for each student.
- The Randomize Answer Choices option will randomize the multiple choice answer choices.
- The Time Limit option will allow you to set a time limit in minutes for the assessment.
- The Universal Resume Code is a randomly-generated alphanumeric code unique to each new assessment. This code will allow any student to resume their secure assessment, following a mid-exam crash. Note: these codes may be used by any student for this assessment, and should not be displayed for them to see or record.