Tracking downloads and uploads is a great way to research which students have downloaded their exam files and uploaded their answer files. The Proctoring tab, listed within every assessment on the new portal, will allow Users the ability to increase downloads and produce specific Continuation/Resume Codes to allow students back into their exam, if they are experiencing any complications.
1) From the Assessments tab within a course, select the appropriate assessment.
2) Ensure to choose the Proctoring sub-tab.
3) Next to be shown will be the Exam Proctoring page. All assessment information will be shown below the name of the exam.
- Owner - The User whom was designated as the owner of this assessment during the creation process.
- Type - The customizable assessment type selected during the creation process.
- Scheduled On Date - Denotes when you plan to deliver the assessment to students.
- Download Window - Denotes the time window in which students are able to download this assessment.
- Time Until Exam - Provides an easy to read countdown until the time of the exam.
Tracking Student Activity
Depending on the student activity for the assessment, tracking totals will be shown at the top of the screen:
- Student Posted - The number of students the assessment has been posted to.
- Downloads - The number of students who have successfully downloaded the exam.
- Uploads - The number of students who have successfully uploaded their answer files.
- Upload Deadline (if applicable) - The date and time of when answer files need to be submitted.
Below will be a list of the students that the assessment has been posted to. Using the filters, you can view the following information:
Clicking the expand icon will allow you to add more columns to the grid if there are any not being displayed.
- Exam Taker - The student's name, as provided during account creation.
- Student ID - The student's unique ID.
- Max Downloads - The amount of downloads allowed per student.
- Downloads - Shows the number of times the assessment has been downloaded, as well as the date and time stamp of the initial download.
- Upload Status - Shows the date and time of the successfully uploaded answer file in green text.
In order to increase the exam downloads for a particular student, select the plus sign within the Max Downloads column, or simply type in the allotted amount of exam downloads.
In order to decrease the exam downloads for a particular student, select the minus sign within the Max Downloads column, or simply type in the allotted amount of exam downloads.
From the Proctoring page, a User has the ability to produce a Continuation Code in the event a specific student's computer is turned off mid-exam.
Otherwise, a User can simply display the Universal Resume Code or Assessment Password, if needed.