It is best to Duplicate an assessment when there are minor changes that need to be made to a specific assessment. When an assessment is duplicated, it creates a separate Exam ID. The questions and categories included will continue to provide statistical and performance data; however, they will be separate from previous assessment. The information cannot be combined with other results for comparison.
How to Duplicate an Assessment
1) Select the assessment from the Assessments sub-tab of a course.
2) From the More... options, select Duplicate.
3) Here, you will choose to create a linked or unlinked assessment. Please read the descriptions for each before making your selection.
4) If you chose to create an unlinked assessment, you will then need to assign it to a course. Begin typing in the name of the course, and the list will populate with all matches. Keep in mind, you can only select courses that you have been assigned a Course Owner.
4) The duplicated assessment will now be visible within your list of assessment for the particular course chosen. By default, the assessment will carry over the same Assessment Name with a "duplicate" suffix. This can always be changed at a later time.