The option to Preview an Assessment allows the User to see and experience an exam from the Exam Takers' perspective to verify exam content before posting.
Generating the Preview
1. Navigate to the Assessments tab.
2. Select a saved draft or posted assessment.
3. Click Preview.
4. Accept this popup window. In the next section, you will be instructed to install Examplify for iPad if you have not already done so.
Installing Examplify for iPad
For instructions regarding the installation process, please refer to our guide on Downloading and Installing Examplify for iPad.
Opening the Preview
1. Open Examplify, and log in with your ExamSoft Exam Manager credentials. Please refer to our Authenticating User Accounts guide for instructions.
2. Select the exam you wish to preview within the list to the left. With an exam selected, tap to Download Exam Preview.
3. Once the download is complete, tap Start Exam Preview.
Notice the grey border and Preview Mode written next to the Exam Menu button. This indicates that Examplify is in the preview mode and no answers provided will be retained. It is highly recommended that you do not use a shared device (such as in a lab) to view the preview. If you do not exit properly, students could potentially log into preview mode to review exams.
5. The assessment will start and allow you to experience it just as an Exam Taker would.
6. To exit the preview, open the Exam Menu and select Submit Exam. The preview will close, and simulate how exam takers will see the end of their exam.
Logging out of Examplify
1. To ensure that an un-authorized user does not access any preview features, we recommend logging out of Examplify once you have completed an exam preview. From the Home Screen, open the Home Menu.
2. Click to Logout. Doing so will require you to re-enter your login credentials when attempting to use Examplify in Preview mode again in the future.
What can be seen in Preview mode?
If the features have been enabled when building the exam, these will be visible during the Preview Exam Mode:
- Question Attachments
- Exam Level Attachments
- Question Stems and Distractors
- Navigation Pane
- Flag option
- Pre-assessment notices
- Exam results (% correct & raw score)
- Question & Answer choice randomization (unless grouped or locked)