The option to Preview an Assessment allows the User to see and experience an exam from the Exam Taker's perspective and verify test accuracy before posting.
Generating the Preview
1. Navigate to the Assessments tab.
2. Select a saved draft or posted assessment.
3. Click Preview.
4. Accept this popup window. In the next section, you will be instructed to install SofTest for Law / Bar if you have not already done so.
Installing SofTest for Law / Bar
Please click this link from your machine to install the latest version of SofTest for Law / Bar. For instructions regarding the installation process, please refer to our guide on Installing and Registering SofTest.
Opening the Preview
1. Open SofTest, and log in with your ExamSoft Exam Manager credentials.
2. Select the exam you wish to preview within the list to the left. With an exam selected, click to Download Exam Preview.
3. Once the download is complete, click Start Exam Preview.
Notice the grey border and Preview Mode written next to the Exam Controls menu. This indicates that SofTest is in the preview mode and no answers provided will be retained. It is highly recommended that you do not use a shared device (such as in a lab) to view the preview. If you do not exit properly, students could potentially log into preview mode to review exams.
5. The assessment will start and allow you to experience just as an Exam Taker would.
6. To exit the preview, open the Exam Menu and select Submit Exam. The preview will close, and simulate how exam takers will see the end of their exam.
Logging out of SofTest
1. To ensure that an un-authorized user does not access any preview features, we recommend logging out of SofTest once you have completed an exam preview. From the Home Screen, open the Home Menu.
2. Click to Logout. Doing so will require you to re-enter your login credentials when attempting to use SofTest in Preview mode again in the future.
What can be seen in Preview mode?
If the features have been enabled when creating the exam, the following will be visible during the Preview Exam Mode:
- Question Attachments
- Exam Level Attachments
- Question stems and distractors
- Navigation Pane
- Flag Option
- Pre-Assessment Notices
- End of Exam Results (% correct & raw score)
- Question & Answer choice randomization (unless grouped or locked)