As an Institution or Department Admin, you have the ability to import a list of course or courses to a department. Please refer to the XLS Template to build your list.
Upon opening the template, you will see the header row containing 4 mandatory columns, and 3 optional columns.
- Course ID - This field will define the course ID. You may enter letters, numbers, or special characters. There is no character limit for this field. This field is required.
- Course Name - This field will define what the name of the course will be. You may enter letters, numbers, or special characters. There is no character limit for this field. This field is required.
- Start Date - This field will define when the course will start. Note, the date must be formatted exactly as shown in the header row. This field is required.
- End Date - This field will define when the course will end. Note, the date must be formatted exactly as shown in the header row. This field is required.
- Section ID - This optional field will allow you to designate a Section ID for the course.
- Section Name - This optional field will allow to designate a Section Name for the course.
- Admin emails - This optional field will allow you to list the email address(es) of the admin(s) that will need to have edit rights for this course.
Begin by navigating to the department you wish to import the courses to. Fill in the appropriate rows for each course and section you wish to import. Once complete, name the file whatever you wish, and save as *.xls or *.xlsx file type. These file types are more commonly referred to as Excel Workbook and Excel (97-2003) Workbook. All cells in the spreadsheet need to be formatted as Text. Select all cells, and right click to choose Format Cells. Select the Text category, and click Ok.
As shown below, we will be importing 2 courses with 2 sections for each.
Returning to the portal, click the Import button.
Simply drag and drop your file into this page to import it; or, click Choose Files to browse your computer. You will see a small animation window while your file is being processed.
If your import was successful, you will see a green confirmation message near the top of the page. Also, you will see the new courses and all related information listed on this page as well.
If any information was not accepted by the system, you will see a red error message at the top of the page. Clicking the link provided will display your file along with the errors. If some of the information was accepted, you will see the green confirmation message as well.
Note, this project is under constant development and is subject to change at any time. Please check back often as any changes made to the system will be reflected on these documents.