The option to Preview an Assessment allows the user to see and experience an exam from the students' perspective to verify exam accuracy before posting. A Course Administrator or Assessment Administrator will always be able to view the preview for their courses. Institution and Department Administrators must be assigned as an Assessment Admin, within the Post Settings page.
What can be seen in Preview mode?
If the features have been enabled when creating the exam, these will be visible during the Preview Exam Mode:
- Question Attachments
- Exam Level Attachments
- Question Stems and Distractors
- Navigation Pane
- Flag Option
- Exam Results (% correct & raw score)
- Question & Answer choice randomization (unless grouped or locked).
Accessing your Assessment Preview
Note: For course and assessment admins, exam previews will automatically be available within Examplify for any draft and posted assessments that have been modified within the past 3 months. If Examplify is already downloaded to the course/assessment admin's device, the user may skip to the following section "Opening the Preview".
1. Navigate to the Assessments tab within a course.
2. Select a saved draft or posted assessment.
3. Click Preview.
4. Click the Preview in Examplify button and download Examplify if not already installed on your device. For instructions on the installation and registration process, please see our guide on Installing and Registering Examplify.
Note: The Preview in Examplify button will be grayed out, and an exam preview will be unavailable, unless the user is a course admin or assessment admin for the specific assessment.
Opening the Preview
1. Open Examplify, and log in with your ExamSoft Exam Manager credentials.
2. Select the exam you wish to preview within the list to the left. With an exam selected, click to Download Exam Preview.
3. Once the download is complete, click Start Exam Preview.
Note: The application border will be grey and Preview Mode is written next to the Exam Controls menu. This indicates that Examplify is in the preview mode and no answers provided will be retained. It is highly recommended that you do not use a shared device (such as in a lab) to view the preview. If you do not exit properly, students could potentially log into preview mode to review exams.
5. The assessment will start and allow you to experience it as a student.
6. To exit the preview, open the Exam Menu and select Submit Exam. The preview will close, and simulate how exam takers will see the end of their exam.
Logging out of Examplify
1. To ensure that an un-authorized user does not access any preview features, we recommend logging out of Examplify once you have completed an exam preview. From the Home Screen, open the Home Menu.
2. Click to Logout. Doing so will require you to re-enter your login credentials when attempting to use Examplify in Preview mode again in the future.