These reports show category performance aggregated across multiple courses and assessments. These reports will also include trend data, represented as graphs showing performance over time.
Creating a new report
Begin by logging into your portal.
Open the Admin tab, and select Advanced Reports from the drop-down menu.
The page will refresh to show a list of reports run by you or others at your institution. To create a new report, click the Create New Report button.
On the next page, you will see three choices of advanced reports. Within the Category Performance box, click the Select button.
On the next screen, you will be tasked with naming the report, setting the date range, selecting the department, selecting categories, as well as a few optional settings.
- Report Name - Designate a name for this report.
- Date Range - This window will define the data that is aggregated from all assessments using the category or categories.
- Department - Select a department from the drop-menu. This selection will define the courses you wish to be included in the report.
- Courses - Choose one or more courses to be included in the report. You can either type them into the provided text field, or, click Browse All to view a full list of all courses within the selected department.
- Categories - Select the category type (or types) using the green + button. With one (or more) selected, you will see it populated below this section. Click the Select Categories button to choose which categories will be analyzed, or, tick the check box to select all categories within the chosen category type.
- Assessment Types - This setting is optional. If you wish, select the appropriate assessment types to be included in the final report.
- Category At Risk Threshold - This setting is optional. By default, this threshold is set to a score of 70. If you wish to change it, move the slider, or type in the new score to set a custom "at risk" threshold. Each category score that does not meet this threshold will be marked as "at risk" within the final report.
- Needs Review Threshold - This setting is optional. By default, this threshold is set to a score of 70. If you wish to change it, move the slider, or type in the new score to set a custom "needs review" threshold. Each category score that does not meet this threshold will be marked as "needs review" within the final report.
Once ready, click the Generate Report button.
The report will display any "at risk" or "needs review" category types. Each category type will be separate from the next. Clicking on the category type's box will expand to show the specific performance for each "at risk" or "needs review" category.
The number line will display all data from 0-100. For this example, the score range is also 0-100. The average score is denoted by the orange diamond at 50, resulting in the category being defined as "at risk".
Within the assessments column, you may click the number displayed to show a list of assessments this category was used on. Each separate assessment will display the category's average score within the list.