The Item Analysis Report provides the statistical analysis on certain types of questions used on as assessment, including question performance, question descriptions, answer choice text, response frequencies, discrimination index, point bi-serial, and overall performance history to enable Users to improve their question creation process.
*The Item Analysis Report only provides this statistical information for Multiple Choice, True/False, and FITB/Matching questions; it cannot provide such information for Essay type questions.
Exporting the Item Analysis Report
1. Navigate to the Assessments tab within your course.
2. Once you have chosen your posted assessment, navigate to the View Assessments sub-tab.
3. Begin selecting the checkboxes for the questions you would like to export.
4. Once all necessary questions are selected, choose Export from the bottom toolbar.
5. From the new window shown, choose Item Analysis and click the green Export button.
6. A .csv file will automatically download to your computer, exporting all information for the questions chosen.
- Statistics that relate to the exam as a whole (including Number of Students, KR-20, Standard Deviation, Mean Score, etc.) will display below the first row header.
- Below that, each item chosen will display statistical data to include on its performance in this exam. Each question type will be separated by a blank row.
- All response frequencies for both Multiple Choice and FITB/Matching will be shown. Correct answers for Multiple Choice and Multiple Answer items are indicated with TRUE or FALSE.
- All calculations will change when additional students upload their answer files.