Secure Exam Review allows Exam Takers to review completed assessments in a controlled environment with access to the questions and their responses. Users can choose to have Exam Takers view all questions and answers, or only the items that were answered incorrectly. Additionally, the instructor’s rationale can be displayed for each question.
Secure exam review is only available on secure exams. This option is enabled within the security options when building the assessment. Additionally, a review password is required in order to prevent students from accessing the review until the password is provided by a proctor or exam manager.
When posting an assessment, users will see the Assessment Review Settings section within the Post Settings tab. From here they will be able to select No Review, Immediate Review or Delayed Review from the drop-down.
Immediately After an Assessment
The first option for setting up Secure Exam Review is to allow students to start the review immediately after they close their exam. Once a student opts to Save & Quit their exam, they will be prompted to enter Secure Review.
1. Select Immediate Review from the Review Type field. Upon selecting this, users will have a few options to select.
2. Create a Assessment Review Password. This password will be needed for students to start the review.
3. Indicate a Time Limit for the review. Once the time limit expires, Examplify will close the review.
4. Other options for the Review:
- Incorrect Answers Only – This will allow students to see only the questions that they answered incorrectly.
- Show Rationale – This will show the rationale with the question while in the review session.
The second option for setting up Secure Exam Review is to set up a separate time when the Exam Review can begin. Once a student closes his or her exam and uploads it, Examplify will create a Review file for that exam on the device that the exam was taken on. There can only be one Delayed Review per exam. Students will start the review by selecting the review from the Take an Exam screen of Examplify.
1. Select Delayed Review from the Review Type field. Upon selecting this, users will have
additional options to select.
2. Indicate a Assessment Review Password, Time Limit, and the additional checked options just as described for the Immediate Review.
3. Indicate a Review Start Time. If the student attempts to open the review before the start time, they will receive an error message.
4. Indicate a Delete by Date. This will remove the review file from the students’ computer preventing them from accessing it.
What Exam Takers See
If Immediate Review was selected, Exam Takers will be prompted to enter their review immediately after submitting their exam.
If Delayed Review was selected, Exam Takers will see the review within their exam list. When scheduled to start, Exam Takers will select the review from the list. They will then need to enter the exam password first.
When prompted to enter the review password, Exam Takers will need to enter it at this screen. All Exam Takers are allowed 3 attempts to enter the review password.
When the exam review password is accepted, the Exam Taker will now be in their Exam Review. If the Exam Taker flagged any questions or left any notes, they will be able to see this during the exam review; however, they will not be able to edit any notes, nor flag any questions.
If the Exam Taker chose a correct answer choice, the review will display as shown below. The correct answer choice is clearly shown. Within the navigation pane to the left, you can also see that this question is correct, as indicated by the green circle around the question number.
If the Exam Taker selected an incorrect answer choice, the review will display as shown below. The incorrect answer choice is clearly shown, while the correct answer choice selection and text is colored green. Within the navigation pane to the left, you can also see that this question is incorrect, as indicated by the red circle around the question number.
If the Exam Taker did not answer the question, the review will display as shown below. The correct answer choice selection and text is colored green. Within the navigation pane to the left, you can also see that this question is incorrect, as indicated by the red circle around the question number.
If a question is correct or incorrect, the small circle next to the question number will be colored accordingly to indicate the question's correctness.
To exit the review, open the Review Controls drop-down menu, and select Exit Review.