In this article, we will be reviewing how a User can setup their Communication preferences within the new portal, as well as how to follow specific topics within the portal. Following a topic will push updates on the topic to your Feed, and you can subscribe to get an email on every post about that topic.
Setup your Communication Preferences
1. Login to the ExamSoft Community. If you do not have an account, please click Join the Community, and complete the form.
2. Open the drop-down menu in the upper-right hand corner, and click My Settings.
3. At the bottom of the page, you may change the default communication settings. Click Save when you're done.
Following a Topic
You may wish to follow a topic in the portal if you use that product at your institution. Doing so will push all updates on the topic to your Feed, or you can opt-in to receive emails when comments or posts are made about the topic.
1. To follow a topic, begin by opening the Topics drop-down menu, and click More Topics...
2. From this screen, you can choose from any topic. Click its title to visit the page.
3. On the right-hand side of each page, you can click to follow the topic. Click Follow.
4. Once the follow button has been clicked, you will see a new Email icon to the right. From this menu, you can opt-in to emails about this topic.
5. When you have selected all of the topics you wish to follow, your Feed will reflect any updates to the topic.